LightVISION industrial optical module with LightSNAP interface
The LightVISION is a screw-in, robust industrial and RoHS optical module with LightSNAP interface.
LightSNAP interface adds a standard MPO pluggable optical interface to the LightVISION optical module. This combination allows a standard MPO cable to be plugged into the optical module and also mounted on the face-plate of a box or line-card. This approach offers a standard MPO cable connection with a robust, board mounted optical engine providing small size (footprint) and convenient optical cabling at the same time. In addition, the MPO connector is covered with an outside cover boot addressing the issue of water and dust contamination.
LightVISION LGA interposer and board attachment.
Cable assembly with rubber boot connected to LightSNAP interface.
Drawing of LightVISION with MPO cable
Dimensions are given in mm.
Specifications and features
- LightVISION is offered as a 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12-lane transmitter, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12-lane receiver or a 4+4-lane transceiver.
All modules operate at up to 12.5 Gbps per lane at ultra-low bit error rates of 10-12, with a sensitivity of –9 dBm
- Bandwidth from 25G (2 TX or 2 RX lane) to 150G (12 TX or 12 RX lane)
- Multimode 850 nm wavelength laser
- Over 100 m reach on OM3 ribbon fiber
- Standard MPO parallel fiber connector
- Equalizer, pre-emphasis, adjustable output
- Monitoring: LOS, RSSI, temperature etc.
- Integrated microcontroller
- Available in commercial (0 ºC to 70 ºC) and industrial* (–40 ºC to 85 ºC) grade temperature ranges
*: Industrial part qualified between −40 °C and 85 °C at 10.3125 Gbps
Please see product datasheet for detailed specifications.