Affordable, reliable, high-performance embedded optical transceivers with bandwidth up to 150 Gbps.
Engineers working on today’s high bandwidth industrial systems know that optical interconnect is the only viable option to link all those systems. Optical modules need to be easily integrated, offer flexible electrical and optical interfaces and reliable performance.
Reflex Photonics is offering optical transceivers aimed at the industrial market with the LightVISION line of products. These embedded industrial transceivers are extremely rugged and deliver bandwidth in excess of 150 Gbps in a chip size part.
Embedded transceivers advantages
Ease of integration
- Low profile: 5 mm high
- Small footprint: 1.3 cm × 1.3 cm
- Flexible optical and electrical interfaces
- Power: Less than 100 mW per lane
- Operating temp.: -40 °C to 100 °C
- Storage temp.: -57 °C to 125 °C
- Shock and vibration resistance: BGA mount
- Moisture resistance: sealed
- BW: 150/50 Gbps
- Link budget: greater than 13 dB
- Receiver sensitivity: -12dBm
- BER: 10-15
- Reach: greater than 300 m
Smart and autonomous cars
Rugged and compact transceiver are ready for smart cars and MOSTnG (media oriented system transport and Gigabit).
- MOSTnG >5 Gbps.
- Connect LIDAR.
- Connect high resolution camera.
- Uncompressed camera link.
- Onboard entertainment system.
- Centralized processing power.
Smart factory and machine vision
- Enable high-speed, high bandwidth connection of sensor, networks, and people.
- Enable cloud computing and data on demand with high-speed, high bandwidth connections.
- Simple, high-performance, and affordable optical modules for advanced manufacturing, industrial automation, and machine vision.
- Advanced measurement systems
- Thousands of sensors generating signals
- Harsh environment requirements
- Rugged and reliable design
- EMI immunity
- Research infrastructures like LHC Super Colliders
Smart, connected cities
- Connect high resolution camera to embedded computer to monitor traffic and transportation systems.
- Connect sensors to monitor electromagnetic emissions, air pollution, water quality, gas and water leaks.
- Interconnect urban services such as waste management, public safety, street lights to enhance quality, performance and interactivity of urban services.