Industrial (-40 ºC to 100 ºC) 150 Gbps embedded transceivers
Engineers working on industrial applications are well aware that fiber optic interconnect is the only viable option for today’s high bandwidth electronics systems. High bandwidth coax copper interconnect is too big and power hungry to meet SWAP requirements. The Reflex Photonics embedded transceivers are extremely rugged and deliver bandwidth in excess of 150 Gbps in a chip size part. Thousands of these transceivers are already used in many aerospace and defense applications.
Embedded transceivers advantages
- Low profile: 5 mm high
- Small footprint: 1.3 cm × 1.3 cm
- Weight: Less than 4 g
- Power: Less than 100 mW per lane
- Operating temp.: -40 °C to 100 °C
- Storage temp.: -57 °C to 125 °C
- Shock and vibration resistance: BGA mount
- Moisture resistance: sealed
- BW: 150/50 Gbps
- Link budget: greater than 13 dB
- Receiver sensitivity: -12dBm
- BER: 10-15
- Reach: greater than 300 m
Smart and autonomous cars
Rugged and compact transceiver are ready for smart cars and MOSTnG (media oriented system transport and Gigabit).
- MOSTnG >5 Gbps.
- Connect LIDAR.
- Connect high resolution camera.
- Uncompressed camera link.
- Onboard entertainment system.
- Centralized processing power.
Smart factory and machine vision
- Enable high-speed, high bandwidth connection of sensor, networks, and people.
- Enable cloud computing and data on demand with high-speed, high bandwidth connections.
- Simple, high-performance, and affordable optical modules for advanced manufacturing, industrial automation, and machine vision.
- Advanced measurement systems
- Thousands of sensors generating signals
- Harsh environment requirements
- Rugged and reliable design
- EMI immunity
- Research infrastructures like LHC Super Colliders
Smart, connected cities
- Connect high resolution camera to embedded computer to monitor traffic and transportation systems.
- Connect sensors to monitor electromagnetic emissions, air pollution, water quality, gas and water leaks.
- Interconnect urban services such as waste management, public safety, street lights to enhance quality, performance and interactivity of urban services.