40G Optical Tester
The Optical Tester is the perfect vehicle for testing and experiencing the LightABLE™ SR4 transceiver modules. The Optical Tester consists of a printed circuit evaluation board with a pluggable SR4 transceiver module.
The LightABLE SR4 optical transceivers offer four asynchronous channels operating at up to 10.3125 Gbps per channel. These modules are designed for very short reach applications (1 m to 100 m) with support on 50/125 micron multimode fiber (OM3).
The 40G Optical Tester allows RF electrical access to four TX channels and four RX channels of the SR4 transceiver.
Dual pairs of SMA connectors on the periphery of the Optical Tester give access to TX and RX RF signal for each channel. Optical access is provided via standard MPO connector with a 1× 12 MT ferrule.
Specifications and features
- Designed to operate up to 10.3125 Gbps per channel.
- 4× TX and 4× RX high-speed channels each accessible via a differential pair of SMA connectors.
- AC coupled high-speed signals.
- Single power supply, standard wall-plug interface.
- Assess electrical and optical signal quality from the LightABLE SR4.
- Perform bit error rate and eye diagram test on the LightABLE SR4 and optical interconnect.
- 4 channel EO/OE lab-grade generator.
- Test various communication protocols such as Ethernet, PCIe, and Infiniband over the LightABLE.