Reflex Photonics, an advanced developer of extreme high speed optical connectivity solutions for semiconductor packaging and data transfer applications, today announced it has begun shipping its InterBOARD™ 100G Ethernet CFP transceivers to customers. Built to the CFP MSA, these transceivers comply with the draft IEEE 802.3ba 100GBASE-SR10 specification for 100G Ethernet links of up to 150 m.
The CFP transceivers are specially designed to support high-performance data communications and telecommunications equipment for such demanding applications as; core router inter-links and data center aggregation.
The Reflex CFP transceivers are specially designed to support high-performance data communications and telecommunications equipment for such demanding applications as; core router inter-links and data center aggregation.
- Full-duplex transceiver
- 10 independent transmit and receive channels
- each channel capable of 11.2 Gbps operation to enable support for 112G (OTU4) rate
- single optical MPO port which connects to an industry standard 2×12 parallel multi-mode fiber cable
- low-profile hot-pluggable parallel transceiver
- uses the next generation Reflex LightABLE™ VCSEL/PD array optical sub-assembly technology
- The Reflex CFP transceiver consumes only 4 watts and so gives 10x the data rate at approximately 4x the power as compared to SFP+ modules.
“With the release of the InterBOARD™ CFP, Reflex is enabling the optical technology market with a cost effective path for upgrading to 100G Ethernet links.” said Robert Coenen, Director of Product Management at Reflex Photonics. “By complying with the IEEE standard; the Reflex 100G Ethernet transceiver ensures inter-operability between CFP sockets as well as CFP and CXP-enabled equipment.”
A Reflex 100G CFP transceiver will be part of a live demo in the EXFO booth at the Optical European Conference and Exhibition on Optical Communication, ECOC, being held in Vienna, Austria, on September 20 – 24, 2009. Conference attendees are invited to visit the EXFO Booth, #711, during the event to see the transceiver running live data.
“Reflex’s low cost 100G CFP transceiver is the first to enable EXFO’s 100G Ethernet test solution for 100GBASE-SR10 application, and allows EXFO customers to proceed with their 100G programs in a timely fashion” said Patrick Drolet, Product Manager, Transport & Datacom Division at EXFO.
The Reflex Photonics 100G CFP transceiver began shipping to select customers in September and will go to full production in Q1 2010.