Reflex Photonics, today announced it will be showing new solutions from its parallel channel product line at the Supercomm 2009 conference in Chicago, Illinois from October 21 – 23th, 2009. Conference attendees are invited to visit the Reflex Photonics Booth #3327 during the event to see its latest technology offerings.
The latest addition to the Reflex product line is the Dual 40G CFP transceiver. This transceiver supports two fully independent 40 Gbps Ethernet links. Built to the CFP MSA, these transceivers comply with the draft IEEE 802.3ba 40GBASE-SR4 specification for 40G Ethernet links of up to 150 m. The Reflex CFP transceivers are specially designed to support high-performance data communications and telecommunications equipment for such demanding applications as; switch and router inter-links and data center aggregation.
The Reflex Dual 40G CFP transceiver features:
- Two 40 Gbps Ethernet ports
- Compliant to IEEE 802.3ba draft specification for 40GBASE-SR4 links
- CFP MSA compliant; can be plugged into same slot as 40GBASE-LR4, 100GBASE SR10 or 100GBASE-LR4 CFP modules
- 40G QSFP inter-operable
- Power class 1 ( <4W typ., <8W max)
- Optical MPO ports which connect to industry standard 1×12 parallel multi-mode fiber cable
- Uses the next generation Reflex LightABLE™ optical engine
“The Reflex Dual 40G Ethernet CFP transceiver, coupled with the Reflex 100G Ethernet CFP transceiver, opens up new interconnect possibilities in the data center.” said Robert Coenen, Director of Product Management at Reflex Photonics. “The Dual 40G CFP transceiver doubles the faceplate density as compared to a single 40G CFP transceiver.”
The Reflex Photonics Dual 40G CFP transceiver will begin shipping to select customers in December and goes to full production in Q2 2010.
In addition to the Dual 40G CFP transceiver, Reflex Photonics will showcase a variety of high-speed, parallel channel, optical data communications solutions including:
- 100GBASE-SR10 100 Gbps CFP transceiver
- Snap 12 40 Gbps and 75 Gbps transceivers
- Reflex LightABLE™ optical engine
- Reflex Light on Board® optically enabled ASIC technology