LightCONEX 40 Gbps and 120 Gbps blind mate optic
The LightCONEX™ revolutionary blind mate optical interconnect for VPX embedded computing systems, consists of a module connector and a backplane connector compatible with the VITA 66.4 standard. A LightABLE 40G optical transceiver is directly integrated into the plug-in module connector, saving board space and eliminating fiber cable handling. The backplane connector is a low profile drop-in replacement for the VITA standard but includes springs to ensure a secure MT to MT mating connection under extreme shock and vibration.
The LightCONEX is offered with 12-lane transmitters, a 12-lane receivers, or (4+4)-lane transceivers in commercial, extended, or industrial operating temperatures. Each lane operates at up to 10 Gbps.
VPX board with VITA 46 and LightCONEX plug-in connectors.
ELMA 3U VPX backplane with VITA 46 and LightCONEX connectors.
Close-up of the LightCONEX plug-in module connector.
Close-up of the LightCONEX backplane connector.
Specifications and features
Module connector features
- Rugged: MIL STD 883 compliant
- Moisture resistant: sealed
- Small size (D×W×H): 23 mm×14 mm×6 mm
- Bandwidth: 10 Gbps/ch.
- Temperature: –40 ºC to 85 ºC
- Reach: 300 m, OM3 fiber
- BER: 10–15
- Low power consumption: 1.2 W per module
- Data interface: CML
- Board mount: LGA connector
Backplane connector features
- VITA 66.4 drop-in replacement
- Spring-loaded MT ferrule
- Coarse and fine mating alignment
- Low profile: 10 mm height
- Available VITA 67.3 drop-in replacement with a 12-lane TX and a 12-lane RX at 10G per lane
- VPX single board computers
- Phased array radars
- High I/O density links
- Supports 2-level maintenance