LightCONEX 300G active blind mate optics
The LightCONEX™ revolutionary active blind mate optical interconnect for VPX embedded computing systems, consists of a plug-in module connector and a backplane connector compatible with the VITA 66 standard. A LightABLE optical transceiver is directly integrated into the plug-in module connector, saving board space and eliminating fiber cable handling. The backplane connector is a low profile drop-in replacement for the VITA 66.4 standard but includes springs to ensure a secure MT to MT mating connection under extreme shock and vibration.
Side-by-side single 12-lane active module and 24-lane active modules on a 3U VPX board.
The LightCONEX is offered with a 12-lane transmitter, a 12-lane receiver, a (4+4)-lane transceiver or a (12+12)-lane transceiver in commercial or industrial operating temperatures. Each lane operates at up to 12.5 Gbps.
3U VPX board with VITA 46 and LightCONEX plug-in connectors.
ELMA 3U VPX backplane with LightCONEX backplane connector.
Close-up of the LightCONEX 12-lane plug-in module connector.
Close-up of the LightCONEX 24-lane backplane connector.
Specifications and features
Module connector features
- Rugged: MIL STD 883 compliant
- Moisture resistant: sealed
- Compact transceiver (L×W×H): 23 mm ×14 mm ×5 mm (12-lane), 32 mm ×14 mm ×5 mm (24-lane)
- Bandwidth: 12.5 Gbps/lane
- Temperature: –40 ºC to 100 ºC
- Reach: 300 m, OM3 fiber
- BER: 10–15
- Low power consumption: 1.4 W per module (12-lane), 2.8 W per module (24-lane)
- Data interface: CML
- Board mount: LGA connector
Backplane connector features
- VITA 66.4 drop-in replacement
- Spring-loaded MT ferrule (12-lane or 24-lane)
- Coarse and fine mating alignment
- Low profile: 10 mm height
- Compatible with 12-lane or 24-lane OM3 or OM4 fiber ribbon cable
- VPX single board computers
- All digital AESA radars
- High I/O density, high BW communication links
- ISR embedded systems