LightVISION VM industrial optical module with MPO interface
The LightVISION™ VM is a screw-in, robust industrial and RoHS optical module with MPO interface.
This combination allows a standard MPO cable to be plugged into the optical module and also mounted on the face-plate of a box or line-card. This approach offers a standard MPO cable connection with a robust, board mounted optical engine providing small size (footprint) and convenient optical cabling at the same time. In addition, the MPO connector is covered with an outside cover boot addressing the issue of water and dust contamination.
LightVISION VM LGA interposer and board attachment.
Cable assembly with rubber boot connected to MPO interface.
Specifications and features
- LightVISION VM is offered as a 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12-lane transmitter, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12-lane receiver or a 4+4-lane transceiver.
All modules operate at up to 12.5 Gbps per lane at ultra-low bit error rates of 10-12, with a sensitivity of –9 dBm
- Bandwidth from 25G (2 TX or 2 RX lane) to 150G (12 TX or 12 RX lane)
- Multimode 850 nm wavelength laser
- Over 100 m reach on OM3 ribbon fiber
- Standard MPO parallel fiber connector
- Equalizer, pre-emphasis, adjustable output
- Monitoring: LOS, RSSI, temperature etc.
- Integrated microcontroller
- Available in commercial grade temperature range (0 ºC to 85 ºC)
Please see product datasheet for detailed specifications.
The LightVISION VM is also available in a “midboard” version.