Rugged, MIL-Spec, onboard 120 Gbps embedded optical transmitter and receiver with high I/O density for the most demanding environment.
Defense engineers are well aware that high bandwidth coax copper interconnect is too big and power hungry to meet SWaP requirements in today’s defense and applications.
The LightABLE™ and LightCONEX™ families of optical embedded transceivers are extremely rugged and deliver bandwidth in excess of 120 Gbps in a chip size part.
Embedded transceivers advantages
- Low profile: 5 mm high
- Small footprint: 1.3 cm × 1.3 cm
- Weight: Less than 4 g
- Power: Less than 100 mW per lane
- Operating temp.: -40 °C to 100 °C
- Storage temp.: -57 °C to 125 °C
- Shock and vibration resistance: BGA mount
- Moisture resistance: sealed
- BW: 120/40 Gbps
- Link budget: greater than 13 dB
- Receiver sensitivity: -12dBm
- BER: 10-12
- Reach: greater than 300 m
Optical interconnect for upgraded military aircraft sub-systems
- Aircraft modernization is needed to maintain a relevant defense system.
- Optical interconnects delivers the high bandwidth to accommodate AESA (active electronics scanned arrays), high resolution cameras, and other advanced aircraft sub-systems.
- Optical interconnects with its inherent EMI immunity and small SWaP is the interconnect of choice for modern aircraft.
Optical transceivers upgrade for 100/140 µm aircraft optical cabling
- LightABLE optical transceiver delivers error-free operation at 10 Gbps with older 100 µm fiber thus, alleviating the need to replace the installed optical cables.
- New or upgraded sensors and computer systems offer great benefits to existing military and commercial aircraft.
- LightABLE transceiver will operate with newer 50 µm fiber (OM3, OM4, or OM5) to deliver interconnect bandwidth well beyond 25 Gbps on distances up to 100 m.
Active electronically scanned array radars
- Thousands of antenna elements
- Numerous high BW fiber interconnects carrying digitized IF
- High link budget interconnects
- Low BER for superior system performance
- Massive signal processing computing system
- Rugged environment
High-performance embedded computers
- High BW inter-board communication
- High density optical I/O
- Low power – less than 100 mW/10.3125Gbps
- High operating temperature optics – up to 100 oC
- SWAP – 3U VPX