SpaceCONEX 28G 4TRX (100G full duplex) active blind mate interconnect
The SpaceCONEX™28 revolutionary active blind mate optical interconnect for Space VPX systems, consists of a plug-in module connector and a backplane connector compatible with the forthcoming VITA 66.5 standard. A SpaceCONEX28 SC optical transceiver is directly integrated into the plug-in module connector, saving board space and eliminating fiber cable handling.
The backplane connector is VITA 66.5 backplane cut-out compatible and includes a spring to ensure a secure MT to MT mating connection under extreme shock and vibration conditions.
Specifications and features
- Performance: up to 28 Gbps/lane from –40 ºC to 85ºC
- Standards: VITA 66.5 standard (forthcoming)
- Rugged: withstands radiation doses >100 krad (Si) and qualified per MIL-STD 883 shock and vibration.
- Expected life: up to 20 years
- Low power consumption: 120 mW/lane (<10 pJ per bit)
- No fiber management
Plug-in module connector features
- Compact transceiver
- Data interface: CML
- Board Mount: LGA connector
- Equalizer, pre-emphasis, adjustable output
Backplane connector features
- VITA 66.5 backplane cut-out compatible
- Spring-loaded MT ferrule
- Coarse and fine mating alignment
- Compatible with 12-lane or 24-lane OM3 or OM4 fiber ribbon cable
- High-throughput communication satellites
- LEO satellite constellations
- GEO satellites
- Space VPX single board computers