LightCONEX28 LC 100G active blind mate optical interconnect
The LightCONEX28™ LC revolutionary active blind mate optical interconnect for VPX systems, consists of a plug-in module connector and a backplane connector compatible with the forthcoming VITA 66.5 standard. A LightCONEX28 optical transceiver is directly integrated into the plug-in module connector, saving board space and eliminating fiber cable handling. The backplane connector is VITA 66.4 backplane cut-out compatible and includes springs to ensure a secure MT to MT mating connection under extreme shock and vibration conditions.
The LightCONEX28 LC is offered with a (4+4)-lane transceiver in industrial operating temperature. Each lane operates at up to 28 Gbps.
The LightCONEX28 LC solution frees up board space by integrating the optical transceiver into the board edge connector. The backplane connector, also part of the LightCONEX28 LC solution, has a spring-loaded mechanism ensuring optimal optical mating meeting VITA 66.0 requirements. The rugged construction of these connectors ensures error free data transmission under severe shock, vibration, and temperature extremes.
Specifications and features
- Performance: up to 28 Gbps/lane from −40 °C to 85 °C
- Standards: VITA 66.5 standard (forthcoming)
- Maintenance: Supports two-level maintenance
- Integration: Board-edge mount
- Reach: 100 m over OM3 fiber
- BER: As low as 10–9
- Sensitivity: −9 dBm
- Low power consumption: 120 mW/lane (<10 pJ per bit).
- Includes equalizers and pre-emphasis to compensate trace impedance.
Plug-in module connector features
- Compact transceiver (L×W×H): 26 mm × 14 mm × 3.5 mm
- Bandwidth: 28 Gbps/lane
- Temperature: –40 ºC to 85 ºC
- Reach: 100 m, OM3 fiber
- Data interface: CML
- Board mount: LGA connector
Backplane connector features
- VITA 66.4 backplane cut-out compatible
- Spring-loaded MT ferrule
- Coarse and fine mating alignment
- Compatible with 12-lane OM3 or OM4 fiber ribbon cable
- VPX single board computers
- All digital AESA radars
- High I/O density, high BW communication links
- ISR embedded systems
Please see product datasheet for detailed specifications.