LightCONEX LC 150G (full duplex) active blind mate optics
The LightCONEX® LC revolutionary active blind mate optical interconnect for VPX embedded computing systems, consists of a plug-in module connector and a backplane connector compatible with the VITA 66 standard. A LightABLE optical transceiver is directly integrated into the plug-in module connector, saving board space and eliminating fiber cable handling. The backplane connector is a low profile drop-in replacement for the VITA 66.4 standard but includes springs to ensure a secure MT to MT mating connection under extreme shock and vibration.
The LightCONEX LC solution frees up board space by integrating the optical transceiver into the board edge connector. The backplane connector, also part of the LightCONEX solution, has a spring-loaded mechanism ensuring optimal optical mating meeting VITA 66.0 requirements. The rugged construction of these connectors ensures error free data transmission under severe shock, vibration, and temperature extremes.
The LightCONEX LC is offered with a 12-lane transmitter, a 12-lane receiver, a (4+4)-lane transceiver or a (12+12)-lane transceiver with industrial operating temperature rating. Each lane operates at up to 12.5 Gbps.
Specifications and features
Module connector features
- Rugged: MIL STD 883 compliant
- Moisture resistant: sealed
- Compact transceiver (L×W×H):
23 mm ×14 mm ×5 mm (12-lane)
32 mm ×14 mm ×5 mm (24-lane)
- Bandwidth: 12.5 Gbps/lane
- Temperature: –40 ºC to 100 ºC
- Reach: 300 m, OM3 fiber
- BER: 10–15
- Low power consumption: 1.4 W per module (12-lane), 2.8 W per module (24-lane)
- Data interface: CML
- Board mount: LGA connector
Backplane connector features
- VITA 66.4 drop-in replacement
- Spring-loaded MT ferrule (12-lane or 24-lane)
- Coarse and fine mating alignment
- Low profile: 10 mm height
- Compatible with 12-lane or 24-lane OM3 or OM4 fiber ribbon cable
- VPX single board computers
- All digital AESA radars
- High I/O density, high BW communication links
- ISR embedded systems
Please see product datasheet for detailed specifications.